The hospitality industry namely hotels rely heavily upon on communications for their operations between reservations, front desk, housekeeping, maintenance, management, and hotel guests. Connecting these users and meeting their unique communication needs is easier than ever with Grandstream. Whether you are happy with your current set up and you would like to move forward with it or upgrade to a solution that you can rely on, Grandstream can help wherever it’s needed. Below you will find an assessment of which devices work best for each department and see how hospitality can benefit from implementing Grandstream solutions to better serve their clients and improve their operations.
Operations & Security
Fostering a setting where hotel data, communications, employees and guests are safe and secure is crucial for any hotel's operations. Implementing secure practices, with the correct mechanisms and systems in place, tracking the business's physical and virtual security system can be done rapidly and securely with easy to setup and centralized management solutions that can be configured for any hotel regardless of size.
• UCM6300 Series Ecosystem: Every hotel needs a robust and consolidated communication & collaboration solution to centralize their communications. The UCM6300 series provides an ecosystem of mobility, security, video, collaboration tools and includes support for a call centre suite, PMS integration, customer billing and more.
• GSC3600 Series: The GSC series of weatherproof HD IP cameras with infrared technology can be used to monitor indoor and outdoor placements allowing hotels to setup, deploy, and manage these cameras in a simple manner to offer a proactive security system and provide any hotel or resort with a safe environment.
• GXV3350: This desktop video phone can integrate with Grandstream’s security cameras and facility access systems enabling the front desk or security staff to monitor the hotel grounds. The GXV3350 is compatible with the GBX20 extension module for increased call control efficiency with an additional 20 lines, allowing for emergency contacts to be notified in a matter of seconds.
• WP820: Grandstream's WP820 cordless Wi-Fi IP phone has a battery life of up to 7.5 hours of talk time allowing for a full shift of work without having to re-charge. The push-to-talk feature works best for instantaneous communication and by using the property Wi-Fi, any hotel security or maintenance team can roam cord-free without missing a call.
The reservations department is the biggest driver for increasing revenue within a hotel. Reservation agents are the primary point of contact when interacting with the establishment. Agents are frequently handling large call volumes and managing guest accounts. Guaranteeing that they are equipped with the right technology is crucial when trying to close a sale.
• IP Phones: The GRP2612 would work best for this department as it allows up to 8 lines, 4 SIP accounts, 32 speed dial keys, and is supported by Bluetooth to allow for a headset.
• Wave: Any hotel’s call centre agents can utilize their desktop/laptop computers, tablets, and smart devices to utilize the Wave application which provides remote access to voice and video collaboration tools. When used with a UCM6300 series IP PBX, agents can access carious call centre features including call detail records, call queues, and support for CRM solutions.
As the primary point of the hotel and guest experience, front desk staff are the backbone of operations. They are managing check-in and check-outs, and handling calls from guests requesting room service, wake-up calls, area recommendations etc. Quick and efficient communication between staff and guests can become overwhelming. With the right technology, front desk workers can organize how they interact with different areas of the hotel to run a smoother operation.
• GRP2634+EXT: The GRP2634 is an 8-line professional carrier-grade IP phone, integrated PoE and Wi-Fi. It is a streamlined, easy-to-use and cost-effective device with the possibility to connect up to 4 GBX20 extension modules giving your device an additional 160 extensions that can be used for communication between any guest room and the front desk.
• GSC3500: The GSC3500 series of intercom speaker/ microphone and public address systems enables hotels to smoothly create intercom and paging solutions to make announcements, page staff and guests, stream music in common areas, and much more.
Hotel guests expect that their room comes with the necessary tools to make their stay a positive experience, and Grandstream has the right technology to meet the requests of today’s travellers. They will need direct access to reliable Wi-Fi and an easy-to-use methods to get in touch with the hotel. Adding an IP phone in each room with specific buttons to reach specific sections within the hotel for example the front desk, concierge, or on-premises restaurants ensuring guests are able to communicate with the hotel easily.
• GWN7602: Ideal for hotel guest rooms the GWN7602 compact Wi-Fi Access Point offers a 100-meter range and includes ethernet while also providing an uplink Gigabit network port with PoE/PoE+ to hotel and guest devices while providing easy connectivity to a reliable network
• GRP2604: The GRP2604 is an essential IP phone designed for mass deployment. This compact, streamlined, easy-to-use and cost-effective device is ideal to reach specific sections within the hotel for example room service, front desk, housekeeping and reservations.
Amenities & Public Space
Hotels normally strive for their facilities to deliver an experience where guests can enjoy all of the offered accommodations at ease. This includes implementing modern technology and accessibility for all common spaces for their guests to enjoy their wireless devices whether it’s an indoor/outdoor pool, gym, restaurant or bar, spa, lobby, or conference space.
• GWN7630LR: Hotels can benefit from an outdoor Wi-Fi access point that is designed to cover up to 300 meters and 200+ client devices. With waterproof casing and heat-resistant technology, guests and hotel staff can move about freely while on the hotel grounds while still being connected to Wi-Fi.
• GVC3220: For hotels who host large conferences, the GVC3220 is a reliable and affordable video conferencing solution to record and host any meeting or speaker. Increase hotel conferencing collaboration by engaging face-to-face communication, regardless of location. It comes equipped with the GMD1208 desktop wireless microphone to enhance audio quality and provide full room coverage for up to 26ft pickup range.